Image by Audreyartography
The kitchen can be the happiest place on earth. It can also be the most dangerous place on earth… knives flying and so many sharp angles. For me, it is mostly just full of the best memories. I often categorize my parents by their different kitchen styles. Priscilla, always well planned, apron, a sip of wine, the food colorful and so HEALTHY, determination. Miguel, hands flinging, eye brow arched, wine goblet in hand, music in the background, telling stories, making the best sauces, always yelling at the kids to get out of the kitchen. The stories that come from the kitchen astound me, especially the ones that linger for generations. Food is so complex, it deserves the best kind of storytelling, withstanding fallen empires. If I could call myself one thing, it would be a storyteller, my method is through the lens.
- I was born in Texas and grew up in Colorado. Both states are home.
- My nieces call me Ti-Ti.
- Pesto is on the top of the list of favorite things.
- Butter is everything.
- When I am not photographing, I work at an herb shop, creating concoctions.
- 2016 will be my first year as a gardener, stay tuned for what comes of it.
- Three Fingered Fishermen, where are you? Wherever you are, we need to talk.